Retail Cash System RCS 800
The SCAN COIN Retail Cash System (RCS 800) offers cost-effective, secure retail cash handling.
Improved in-store coin flow management, with automatic recycling of coins – and notes if required – increases efficiency and staff flexibility, ensuring a rapid and significant return on investment.
Automating the manual cash centre
SCAN COIN RCS 800 is an innovative cash processing solution developed in cooperation with leading international retailers and CIT operators. By streamlining cash administration and verification procedures, the system enables faster, more efficient cashier routines for collecting cash floats and depositing the day’s takings. Manual packaging of cash is eliminated. The CIT operator can keep a close check on cash flow data and reduce coin loads and optimise collection cycles in order to minimise environmental impact from cash transport.
Coin recycling with RCS 800
After registering on the RCS 800 log, the cashier selects the till cash mix for the day. In less than 30 seconds, coins are automatically dispensed into the cashier’s specified till. Banknote solutions are available on customer request. Notes can be dispensed from a sidecar in parallel with the coins. All activities are registered in the machine’s database or sent via Connect RCS to a central server and confirmed by a receipt.
Maximum cash flow control
During the day, the RCS 800 also serves as a continuous cash supplier,
enabling a supervisor to support cashiers with change when needed. All activities are registered on-line for maximum cash flow control.
At the end of the day, the cashier registers at the RCS 800 and quickly deposits coins from the day’s takings. The coins are safely stored in dispensers ready for future float dispensing, and the transaction is registered directly in the business system via the RCS 800 software, which is easily integrated into the shop's back-office system.
Notes, cheques and coupons can be manually keyed into the system. As option notes can also be inserted in a sidecar for counting and validation.
A barcode scanner is used to identify and register bags, envelopes, coupons etc.
Maximise cash flow control …
- all activities are registered on-line
- automatic counting of the day’s takings per cashier or till
- automatic verification of the takings, morning/evening
- complete overview of cash flow through the business system
- processing accuracy assured with patented SCAN COIN sensor technology
- less shrinkage, fewer counterfeits and security risks
- the coins are re-circulated within the store, which means less need for buying cash from e.g. CIT – saves money
... and minimise manual labour
- time-consuming manual counting and packaging of coins is eliminated
- back-office staff are released to focus on other, more customer-related tasks
- automatic dispensing of the daily floats saves a lot of time